Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Standing Mobile Desk by Merle & Fezzle


I like getting things done standing up and moving around. So, I repurposed the rolling cat house. When Fezzle saw me making changes, he jumped in to make sure I wouldn't remove his basket. He saw me eyeing that space. So, I can truely say that he helped design this desk. Now he can go to sleep knowing he'll be with me when he wakes - - where ever the desk may be.

The desk wasn't quite tall enough so I put a wire in-box upside down and connected the front edge with cable ties so it hinges for easy access and storage of wires. The LRF** support of the wire basket keeps the ThinkPad secure.

The great thing about this desk is that it's so easy to customize and personalize. I may add a shelf on the two tall poles for speakers. I don't think Fezzle would allow me to put a subwoofer on that bottom shelf. He thinks it has something to do with dogs.

So, for now it's a work in progress, but does the job well. And it helps me think on my feet.


** LRF = Little Rubber Feet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home